Production Line Testing for Coil and Motor Manufacturers
Modular and flexible test systems
Whether you manufacture motors, generators, alternators, reactors, various types of transformers or any type of coil, large or small, we probably have a solution for your winding tests. The iTIG III winding analyzer is used to test everything from solenoid coils and small sensors to utility type generators and form coils.
Electrom Instruments’ Production Line Test Automation Systems (PLTA) are based on advanced iTIG III technology and may be the flexible and cost effective solution you are looking for.
Full Range of Tests
The test systems are modular, there are options for what tests are included from surge only to multi test systems. Max output peak voltages range from 4kV to 40kV.
Features and Benefits
- 4-wire winding resistance measurements
- Inductance and impedance measurements
- Various Insulation Resistance (megohm) tests
- DC Hipot, Step Voltage tests and Ramp tests
- High Frequency Surge tests that find more faults than low frequency tests
- Surge tests of assembled motors
- Surge comparisons to master coils and master stators
- Partial Discharge (PD) measurements under short-rise pulses (models D4P, D6P D12P and D15P)
- Partial Discharge Inception Voltage (PDIV)
- Historical trending of all tests including PD and incipient PD detection
- NEW: Programmable pulse trains for advanced PD analysis and Non-Shorting Insulation Fault detection (NSIF option)
The iTIG III Winding Analyzer with the PLTA option comes with additional software for production line test automaton. For more complex applications the instrument can be located in a rack cabinet containing the various test components including a modular lead switching matrix.
- All tests included in the PLTA package can be done on various types of coils, stators, assembled motors, generators, alternators, single phase or 3-phase equipment, etc.
- The production lines can be single product or multi product.
- The PLTA test system can be manual, semi-automatic or fully automatic. Tests can be started by the operator or by a PLC/PC.
- Test information can be entered manually, a bar code scanner can be used, or it can be sent by a computer to the PLTA test system via a serial port interface.
- For more complex test systems, information about the units to be tested can be retrieved by the PLTA test system. In conjunction with another input such as a bar code scanner the PLTA will determine test parameters and pass/fail limits for each unit to be tested.
- Modular lead switching matrix: The matrix is sized to handle the maximum number of motor connections for your application.
- Complete sets of test data can be exported to a server allowing advanced data analysis. Data transfer is done using a Flash Drive, an Ethernet connection, or wireless network connection.
- Handles single coils, single phase motors, and 3 phase motors with 3 leads.
- Uses a standard iTIG III with additional software
- Max peak output voltage ranges from 4kV to 15kV
Please contact us to discuss your application.