Investing in the Future and Driving Industry Technology Developments
Electrom Instruments has made significant investments in R&D over the past several years. We will continue on this path to develop and apply the most advanced technologies to the challenge of motor, generator and coil testing.
Trough generous inputs from our customers, we continue to make the testers easier to use, and to apply the technology to new applications.
We make development decisions expeditiously, and are proud of our short development cycle.
Some of Electrom Instruments’ advances include:
Lightweight, portable, high-frequency automated surge testers
Electrom stands alone in developing the solution to one of the toughest technical problems in the industry, the ability to do fully automatic software-controlled surge voltage pulse generation at high pulse rates (high frequency) of up to 50 Hz, and in addition do it in a light-weight package.
- The iTIG III is the only surge tester generating high frequency surge pulses using IGBTs with an automatic microprocessor control package
- Remember: High frequency surge tests find more turn-to-turn faults
- High frequency Quick Surge™ and Surge Guard™ developed by Electrom dramatically shortens test time and controls the number of pulses used in a surge test
Partial Discharge measurements and automatic surge tests done simultaneously
Application of advanced user interface design techniques and software algorithms to create an easy to use tester – even with complex testing requirements.
- Automates all range settings – no dials or buttons to push
- Ability to pre-configure and save all test parameters, or use a number of defaults
Complete automation package
- Not only high voltage tests can be part of an automated test sequence, but also high accuracy low voltage measurements such as:
- µΩ resistance measurements
- All tests and measurements can be done through the high voltage lead set
- Specialized automatic test sequences
- Full automation of various test sequences allow complex testing with the press of a button.
Unique architecture that allows easy upgrades to higher level models and higher output voltages.
Highest standards of instrumentation design.
Providing superior measurement accuracy in all phases of testing.
- High precision 4-wire µΩ winding resistance measurements through high voltage leads
- 0.0005 µA leakage current measurement
- Stable high precision high voltage generation
Power Pack: Unique voltage generation and control technology creates the ONLY truly portable 40kV 45J Power Pack.
Designed in a small compact carry case.
- Automated Hipot, Step Voltage, Ramp and Surge tests to 40kV
- Automated switching between Hipot and Surge
- Used with the iTIG III or the smaller briefcase type iTIG II MINI tester
Time-saving, advanced report generation options including the ability to automatically track test results over time.