iTIG II MINI Model D Motor Tester and Analyzer Details
The D model is designed for users who want a fully automatic tester. It has more DC motor test features and single coil test features than the other models.
The D model is receiving praise from customers for being very easy to use and set up despite the large number of options and possible tests that can be done.
Automated sequence of tests:
For AC motors, select the tests to be performed or let the tester automatically use default settings. Perform the micro-ohm winding resistance measurement using the external 4-wire, 6-lead kelvin clamp resistance lead-set first, and let the tester do all high voltage measurements and tests without operator intervention. Connect the test leads, push two buttons, and tests including megohm/DAR/PI, hipot/step voltage/ramp tests and surge tests can be performed on stators and assembled motors in one continuous sequence.
The iTIG II MINI D comes standard with 4-wire micro Ohm (µΩ) measurements done through the external low voltage lead-set.
Because of all the failure limits that can be set, long test sequences that include PI and step voltage tests, and may take 20 to 30 minutes to perform, can be done without the operator present the whole time as long as safety measures are taken. The test sequence is aborted if a limit is broken. Assembled motors can be surge tested without the need to turn the rotor by using the Pulse to Pulse surge tests.
Most of the tests can be done manually or semi-automatically as needed.
Quick Surge™ and Surge Guard™ technology find more insulation weaknesses and faults, makes the tests faster, and ensures the right number of surge pulses are applied for optimal performance, with pulse rise times that meet the IEEE 522 standard.
Test profiles are programmable:
Tolerances for Pass/Fail conditions are easily set by the operator (they are included in default settings) and shuts down the test sequence if a failure limit is exceeded. Voltage ramp rate, the number of steps in various tests and the duration of tests can also be programmed.
- TRPro report software, the advanced version, which runs on PCs and servers is included. Report information includes things like motor ID number, Job number, test description, repair stage (i.e. incoming, after cleaning, pre VPI, final, etc.), and other fields for each test such as DUT specifications. The customizable cover page includes your company information, logo, pictures etc., and automatically pulls in selected info from the report. The tester has 60GB+ data storage, which can sufficiently store millions of test-sets.
- Online motor data such as operating phase voltages, currents etc. can be included in reports to indicate if phases are unbalanced during operation of a motor. Alternatively drop test results can be entered.
- Graphs and tables are generated for multi-point PI and Step Voltage tests and Ramp tests. Multiple tests can be combined in one graph to see changes over time. Tables for megohm (IR) readings taken over time can be included in the report. This can be useful for before/after repair reports, as well as for maintenance and motor reliability programs.
- Bar graphs can be generated to compare multi coil tests, armature tests, and armature resistance measurements.
- Only tests done prints, so there are no empty graphs showing up in the report.
- Network data transfer through WiFi is optional.
- TRPro and the reports it produces, along with the iTIG II MINI screens are available in multiple languages.
Time saver: Produce the same reports by clicking the print button on the iTIG II MINI motor tester. Then transfer the report(s) and raw data to a server later using a Flash Drive or WiFi.
Multi Coil Surge Tests and Resistance Measurements:
The iTIG II MINI D can be set up specifically as a single coil tester, and can automatically surge test a single coil in both directions.
The D model will store all the test data when multiple coils are tested and can present the results in bar graph format. Multi coil mode makes it easy to surge test a large number of form coils, DC armature coils or other types of coils with comparison to the first coil tested, or compared to a stored master coil. An unlimited number of master coils or master stators can be stored by simply selecting a test as a master.
Coil resistance measurements can be added to the surge tests.
For DC motors and armatures the multi coil features are very useful both for surge tests and resistance measurements. For resistance measurements bar to bar on the armature, the motor analyzer will determine what percent equalization the armature has. If there are two levels of resistance it calculates an average for each level and the max delta between the high and low measurements for each level. It compares the result of each measurement to the average(s). If the % deviation limit set in the iTIG II MINI D is exceeded, a fault will be registered, and in the bar graph it creates the averages are drawn and the faulty bar(s) colored differently than the rest of the bars. The ARP-02, 4-wire resistance probes, are required.
- Outputs: 4kV and 6kV
- Wireless network connection.
- Accessories for DC motor tests. Click here for details.
- PP-II option to use the MINI with the PP-II 18kV, 24kV, 30kV or 40kV Power Pack.
To learn more about the rest of the iTIG II MINI models, use the following links: