iTIG II MINI Model C Motor Tester and Analyzer Details
This model is typically used by customers who want advanced reporting capabilities and/or more automated testing than what the Model B offers. It is preferred when PI and Step Voltage tests are done regularly since these can be done automatically and without the operator present when set up properly for safe operation. Especially for DC motor tests, the C model has more options than the B model.
4-wire winding resistance – measured through a 4-lead Kelvin clamp lead-set that plugs into the front panel.
Insulation resistance – megohm, DAR and a 10 point PI test that includes a graph can be selected and done automatically or manually.
Hipot test – 5 or 10 point step voltage tests or a 1 point hipot test can be selected and done automatically or manually. Graphs are produced.
Surge comparison tests – Like all Electrom iTIG II surge testers and winding analyzers, the MINI Model C is extremely easy to use. Once the operating voltage of the motor is entered, the high frequency surge tests, with fast rising pulses per IEEE 522, can be done automatically. There is no need to further adjust voltage range and sweep (or time base), it is all done by the tester. Quick Surge™ and Surge Guard™ technology find more insulation weaknesses and faults, makes the tests faster, and ensures the right number of surge pulses are applied for optimal performance.
Surge comparison tests of assembled motors can be done without turning the rotor by using the Pulse to Pulse surge test. Surge comparisons can also be done against a master coil.
- TRPro report software, the advanced version, which runs on PCs and servers is included. Report information includes things like motor ID number, Job number, test description, repair stage (i.e. incoming, after cleaning, pre VPI, final, etc.), and other fields for each test such as DUT specifications. The customizable cover page includes your company information, logo, pictures etc., and automatically pulls in selected info from the report. The tester has 30GB+ data storage.
- Online motor data such as operating phase voltages, currents etc. can be included in reports to indicate if phases are unbalanced during operation of a motor. Alternatively drop test results can be entered.
- Graphs and tables are generated for multi-point PI and Step Voltage tests and Ramp tests. Multiple tests can be combined in one graph to see changes over time. Tables for megohm (IR) readings taken over time can be included in the report. This can be useful for before/after repair reports, as well as for maintenance and motor reliability programs.
- Bar graphs can be generated to compare multi coil tests, armature tests, and armature resistance measurements.
- Only tests done prints, so there are no empty graphs showing up in the report.
- Network data transfer through Ethernet or WiFi is optional.
- TRPro and the reports it produces, along with the iTIG II screens are available in multiple languages.
Time saver: Produce the same reports by clicking the print button on the iTIG II motor tester. Then transfer the report(s) and raw data to a server later using a Flash Drive, WiFi or Ethernet connection.
- Outputs: 1kV, 4kV and 6kV
- Four-wire high accuracy micro-Ohm (µΩ) Winding Resistance measurements instead of the standard milli-Ohm. The accuracy is 0.5% at 100µΩ, 0.2% above 1mΩ.
- Advanced Multi Coil and master coil test functions: Quick and easy surge tests of multiple coils with bar graphs and/or surge wave graphs of the results.
DC armatures: This Multi Coil option can be very useful for testing DC motor armatures. It includes the ability to measure the resistance bar to bar and graph the results. The ARP-02 armature 4-wire resistance probes are required. An average resistance is automatically calculated as well as the max delta between the measurements.
If the armature is not 100% equalized the resistance in the bars will be different. The iTIG II calculates the average and max delta for each of the two levels of resistance.
Since the resistance bar to bar is usually less than 1mΩ, the µΩ option is required.
- Ethernet output and/or wireless network connection
- Accessories for DC motor tests. Click here for details.
- PP-II option to use the MINI with the PP-II 24kV or 30kV Power Pack.
To learn more about the rest of the iTIG II MINI models, use the following links: